Dr. Yoshiro NakaMats has been dubbed by many as the “Edison of Japan” – even though, Thomas Alva himself only had 1,093 patents. This guy’s got a sense of style as colorful as his personality. Even in a city as crowded as Tokyo, you’d probably be able to spot the mastermind from a mile away. He’d be in a tailored suit, but it could be pinstriped, zebra-striped, full-on velvet or embellished with sparkly patterns and rhinestones.
The thing is that Dr. Yoshiro Nakamatsu is a bit eccentric. So you can only imagine what kind of inventions this guy’s brain comes up with. They’re not only incredibly numerous, but a lot of them are pretty odd too! Take, for instance, his Pyon Pyon boots. They’re pretty much like ski boots, only with circular springs attached to the bottom. They help you bounce around town, and they look pretty fun. 😜
Other videos you might like:
15 Accidental Inventions You Can’t Imagine Your Life Without https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO1brxn1rNs&
10 Oldest Technologies Scientists Still Can’t Explain https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAhHZ1Gi9Kk&
What Every Country In the World Is Best At? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkLsAJ2TEEE&
Pyon Pyon boots 1:36
Self-defense wig 2:09
The floppy disk (Umm… Really?) 2:30
What he invented as a child 3:36
Waiting for inspiration (sitting at the pool bottom) 4:11
Mental function improver 4:44
Gold walls help, too 5:05
Why Dr. NakaMats takes a picture of his food 5:33
What he wants to do when turns 143 6:46
#inventions #Japan #YoshiroNakaMatsu
Preview photo credit:
Yoshiro Nakamatsu (中松 義郎 Nakamatsu Yoshirō), also known as Dr. NakaMats, on May 14th, 2010, in Warsaw, Poland, as a guest of Doc Planete Review Film Festival: By Ushuaia.pl – Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=10358481
Animation is created by Bright Side.
Music by Epidemic Sound https://www.epidemicsound.com/
– There’s also his self-defense wig with a secret “ninja weapon inside”! In the event of a bad situation, you just take the wig off and throw it at an enemy!
– If you google who patented the floppy disk, you’ll most likely get IBM as the result. But Dr. NakaMats says it was his brainchild from way back in 1950, 17 years before IBM patented it!
– He was awarded the first Lifetime Achievement Award from Manhattan-based Mmuseumm. He was also recognized by the International Tesla Society as one of the top 5 most influential scientists of all time.
– He said that he always wanted to be an aircraft designer and claims to have invented an “Automatic Center of Gravity Stabilizer” for airplanes at the tender age of 5!
– The Doc has a few tricks up his sleeves to keep those creative juices flowing. One of them involves getting in a pool, sitting at the bottom, and waiting for an innovative idea to pop-up in his brain.
– There are also special rooms in his home that serve different purposes when it comes to brainstorming.
– Dr. NakaMats eats only one meal a day, and he always takes a picture of his food. It helps him analyze food and understand what suits him better.
– In 2013, Nakamatsu was diagnosed with cancer. Doctors said it didn’t look good, and he only had about a year. Yet, here he is, continuing to work and pump out one invention after another!
– Dr. NakaMats still considers himself young and only half-way through his life! He said that when he turns 143, then he might start thinking about taking a break.
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC
For more videos and articles visit: